Topic Research: The Starving Artist

For my project, I'd like to research the Ramayana tourist destinations and the stories surrounding them.

The first place and story I would like to discuss in my project is the Ayodhya. This is the place that the entire Ramayana Epic starts with Rama's birth, and it is also the center piece for the event of Rama's exile, which is  a pretty key point in the Ramayana. I'd like to include the key stories in the Ramayana surrounding the destination. Additionally, the Ayodhya is also at the heart of a key political and religious dispute between the Hindu and Muslim religions. This Wikipedia article further outlines the dispute. I think it would be interesting to outline the heart of the political dispute in simple terms in order to fully detail how past stories translate into modern day politics.  I'd also like to identify the top tourist destinations in Ayodhya and how they relate to these epics.

The next place I would like to talk about is Janakpur which is where Sita was born as well as where she got married to Rama. I think it would be neat to further discuss the various tourism destinations in Nepal, such as the Ram Janaki Temple and the Dhanushadham. The Dhanushadham is said to be the site of the remains of Lord Shiva's bow which was broken by Rama in order to gain Sita's hand in marriage.

The third place I'd like to discuss is the holy city of Prayag which is the site where Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana crossed the river. Now it stands as an ancient pilgrimmage center. I'd like to discuss the religious importance of this place as well as the Ramayana story surrounding it. I'd also like to discuss additional tourist destinations around the city of Prayag or Allahabad as it is more commonly referred to.

Of course, I would also include hotels to stay at and places to eat in every location I talk about!

Below is a beautiful inside view of the Janaki Mandir temple in Janakpur!





Comments