My Favorite Place: New York City


My favorite place in the whole world is New York City. Ever since I was eight, it has been my dream to live in New York someday! When I was 16, I finally got to go to New York with my family. It was incredible! We stayed at the Hilton Times Square. It was so neat to be right in the middle of the city! Our first night there, we ate my favorite dessert of all time! It was at Bond 45, and it was called "Mousse in a Bucket". It is this giant bucket of mousse and whipped cream that they come around and dollop on your plate! It is SO yummy! While we were there we also got to check out Times Square, which was incredible! Very few things in life look like the movies, but Times Square lived up to everything I've ever seen! It was so bright and full of life! We also visited the Metropolitan Museum, Carnegie Hall, and Central Park! At the Met Museum, there was this really neat exhibit over fashion at the Met Gala. They had all of these incredible dresses that were so beautiful! Every place was absolutely beautiful in its own way...but my favorite place of all had to be Lincoln Center. It was there that I saw my very first Broadway musical! We went to go see The King and I. It was everything I ever hoped a Broadway musical would be! The sets were grand, the acting was amazing, and the singing! Oh! It was so beautiful! All of it made my heart so happy! Overall, yes, New York has incredible sights and food. More than anything, though, its incredible energy just makes me so happy, and that is why New York is my favorite place!

This was our hotel The Hilton Times Square!



Here is a picture of the front steps of The Metropolitan Museum of Art!



Here is a picture of Lincoln Center where I saw my very first Broadway Musical!





Comments

  1. Piper, I definitely agree with you I remember my senior year of High School when me and my family went to New York I went to the M&M shop at time square where we could get our names costumed and written on the colorful gems. It was the best thing ever I also went to this icecream shop that had actual gold foils that were shaped in thing flowers and it was placed on the ice cream and totally edible it was the best rich chocolate icecream I have ever had in my life till this day. I heard that the advertisement companies pay $30-$100 per minute for their advertisements to go on the Time square billboards, it is so expensive. I got to see a guy propose to his girl friend to marry her with all the billboards having his face on them proposing her in the middle of time square. That was grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That sounds like an amazing experience! We went to the M&M store too! It was so much fun! I got some chocolate Lip Smackers that I still have to this day! That ice cream sounds so good! I'll have to look for that place if I ever go back to New York!!

      Delete
  2. That visit to New York sounds like a dream come true, Piper: fabulous! Maybe you can use this class to imagine a trip to India: there are all kinds of epic-related tourism in India for both the Ramayana and the Mahabharata (for example: Ramayana Tour In Sri Lanka: Exploring The Religious Trail In The Island Nation). I just wish we could go on an actual tour ourselves: how cool that would be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I have heard that India is an incredible place to go! Two of my best friends are Indian and they have both been! They say it's a really neat place and the food is amazing! My friend Natasha makes a lot of Indian dishes and I always go over to her place and try them. I really like the idea of exploring tourism throughout India! I am sure it will inspire future travels!!

      Delete
  3. Hey Piper! I would love to visit New York City someday and your post somehow made me want to visit more! I'm glad you finally got to visit the city you've been wanting to go to forever. The dessert sounds absolutely delicious and I really want to try it. And everything you got to do in New York sounded so amazing as well! I've also heard the King and I is a beautiful show so I'm glad you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment