Class Assignments

I am really excited for this course! I enjoy learning about other cultures and I know India has a very rich and interesting culture! Two of my very best friends are Indian, and they have both been to India and have told me what a neat place it is! My friend, Natasha, also makes amazing Indian food and I always love trying whatever she makes! All of that being said, I am really excited to learn even more about the culture.

I have had online classes before, but this class seems to be really unique in that it offers a lot of chances for creativity. Most of my other classes have just been about learning the information and regurgitating it onto a test (which is not very fun at all)! I also have kicked around putting together a blog for a while, so this will also be a neat learning process for that aspiration! I like all of the extra credit options too. I especially like the ones for Wikipedia Trails, Growth Mindset, and HEART. I think the Growth Mindset ones will be especially helpful to me, because I want to go into Speech Pathology for my Master's. I think that "Growth Mindset" mentality will be especially helpful to apply towards not only my patients, but also towards myself as I try and figure out what is best for each patient. On a different note, I am a little nervous about the storytelling assignment. I think it looks like a neat project, but it looks a little daunting right now. I am sure it will end up being fun though! Overall, I am really looking forward to this course and am excited to learn all that I can from all aspects of the class!

This is a picture of samosas! My friend Natasha and I made these one time when we were studying for a test! It was one of the first authentic Indian dishes I ever made! They were SO yummy!


Comments