Storybook Favorites


I actually did not know anything about this topic! I thought it was very interesting to learn about how something as historically and culturally significant as the constellations. I really liked that the author of the story chose to write a segment about The Queen and The Princess. I thought it gave a really good, well-rounded perspective to the story. I also really liked how the story was told in first person. I felt like it really transported me into the story line. I also really liked the author’s notes at the end. I felt like they gave the reader another element of perspective in what is actually part of the myth versus what has been further developed. 

I also did not know anything about The Lovers of Apollo. I really liked the narrator of this story. I thought he was really funny at the beginning and that really got me invested in reading the rest of the story. I thought the author did a great job of transitioning from a humorous introduction to a more serious body of each story. I also really liked the dialogue throughout the story! I thought it really brought the characters to life and fit with the writing style. 

My favorite one was definitely the one about the food! I had no idea that there was so much history behind popular Indian foods! I think my favorite story was the one about Krishna and Butter. I thought it was very sweet and innocent… and I really love butter! I think Krishna and I would get along very well. I also really liked that he had a kind demeanor. He just seems like such a happy character! I also really liked that the author’s notes at the end gave some insight into the importance of the food in Indian Cuisine. 


This adorable picture of Krishna eating butter is my favorite out of all of the storybooks!



Comments

  1. It is pretty interesting Alex that you choose Krishna and his love for butter. So basically the story behind it is that those days the people in the village had to make butter and give to king Kansa who was Krishna's uncle as taxex. The fact that the young boys and children of Vrindavan did not get enough food or butter as Kansas basically owned everything so Krishna with his friends stole butter by climbing on each other to break the pot, and from there today Krishna's birthday (Janmashtami) is celebrated with different teams of men and women hang a pot filled with butter and make a tower to break it to relive and celebrate Krishna's birthday and his win against his evil uncle Kansa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment